Unlike the days when honey was used as a natural remedy, medical professionals now know that many health conditions are caused by presence of infectious bacteria. Over the course of the past few decades, there has been a significant overuse of antibiotics by doctors. In addition, bacteria has the ability to mutate and become resistant to elements that are attempting to destroy them, such as antibiotics. In the wake of an overwhelming amount of reported cases of Staph infections involving antibiotic-resistant strains of bacterial, doctors are scrambling around in search of a viable solution. Manuka Honey contains very powerful antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. To date, there has been no types of bacteria that have shown a resistance to it.
Manuka Honey destroys bacteria in a different manner in which antibiotics do by drawing water out of the bacteria, making it impossible for the bacteria to survive. As a result, wound dressings containing Manuka Honey have been successful in treating life-threatening infections involving hard-to-kill bacteria such as MRSA. This news has taken the medical industry by storm.
Honey is no longer being viewed as just a food item. It’s transition from the food cabinet to the medicine cabinet is inevitable. Not just any honey will do though. Laboratory studies have indicated that even though standard honey may contain some antibacterial properties, Manuka Honey is significantly more potent. Below is a list of 15 reasons to use Manuka Honey for medical purposes:
1. Manuka Honey has no known side effects;
2. Manuka Honey has natural antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties;
3. Manuka Honey creates a moist healing environment that allows new skin cells to grow across a healing wound flush with the surface of the wound, preventing deformity of the skin and scaring;
4. Manuka Honey rapidly clears infection by destroying bacteria;
5. Manuka Honey repairs damaged skin and regenerates new skin growth;
6. Manuka Honey hastens the healing process;
7. Manuka Honey eliminates malodor by destroying the bacteria that cause it;
8. Manuka Honey can heal Staph infections and destroy antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria such as MRSA and VRE;
9. The viscosity of Manuka Honey provides a protective barrier to prevent wounds from becoming infected;
10. Manuka Honey causes scabs and dead skin cells to lift off the surface of the wound, leaving a clean healthy wound bed in which re-growth of tissue can occur;
11. Manuka Honey stimulates the growth of tissue involved in the healing process;
12. Manuka Honey stimulates the formation of new blood capillaries and the growth of fibroblasts that replace the connective tissue of the deeper layer of the skin and produce the collagen fibers that give strength to the repair;
13. Manuka Honey has an anti-inflammatory action that relieves pain;
14. Manuka Honey has antifungal properties that cure ringworm and other fungal conditions;
15. Manuka Honey is all-natural and organic.
“At a time that consumers are losing faith in pharmaceuticals and gaining faith in natural alternatives, Manuka Honey has earned its well-deserved recognition as a healing agent,” says Frank Buonanotte, CEO of Honeymark International, a manufacturer of Manuka Honey products. “Even though many people are still unaware of its potential, it is our believe that Manuka Honey will soon become a valued resource in the skin care industry.”
About the Author:
By: Frank Buonanotte
For more information or to purchase Manuka Honey products, call 1-866-427-7329 or visit www.HoneymarkProducts.com.